.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Five Sixteenths

The fabulous, maybe mundane, but always truthful bloggings of a five-sixteenths something-er-other.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

I am a 28-year-old work at home mom and full time student. I am a member of the Leech Lake band of the Minnesota Chippewa tribe.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Yellow Wallpaper

We had to read "The Yellow Wallpaper" by Charlotte Perkins Gilman or whatever her name was. I have read it a few times before but it was interesting to re-read it. I felt like I could relate so much to it now, having went through what I have.

Speaking of which, I met with a friend of the physician persuasion. We were talking about my life, the things I've seen, been through, the things that make up who I am. She said to me, "does your husband know everything you've been through? What does he think of you?" I never thought about it. I admit, much of what I've gone through, I've never put on paper, on screen, or talked about in detail to anyone, including my husband. I told her, "I don't like to talk about my past."

All she said was, "well maybe you should."

When the time comes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home