.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Five Sixteenths

The fabulous, maybe mundane, but always truthful bloggings of a five-sixteenths something-er-other.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

I am a 28-year-old work at home mom and full time student. I am a member of the Leech Lake band of the Minnesota Chippewa tribe.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Bored with my degree program

So right now I'm in school going for an Associates degree in Health Information Technology, mostly because I work in the field now. I never wanted to work in the field - I fell into it by a friend who owned a business involved in it. Now here I am, getting a degree I don't want.

I was pre-law at Arizona State. I regret leaving and going home to Minnesota. I would have been done already. *sigh* So, I've been considering just finishing my liberal arts degree online in legal studies and then going on to either getting a masters in journalism or going to law school. I'd like to write more. I think I missed the bus on a writing career. I had a job as a reporter for a Native newspaper and I blew it. I feel bad... it could have opened so many doors.

I'm also trying to get into nursing school but it seems like something is telling me that it's not what I was meant to do. I keep having bad luck with the testing, scheduling testing dates, finding paperwork, etc. It's like God is intervening. Who knows. I really don't have the strong stomach it takes, but I thought I'd just grin and bear it.

I know a lot about medicine. You could tell me your symptoms and I'll tell you what you have, what to take for it, and how long you'll have it. But it's just not my favorite thing. I love law. I love writing. Now if I could incorporate the two...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home