.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Five Sixteenths

The fabulous, maybe mundane, but always truthful bloggings of a five-sixteenths something-er-other.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

I am a 28-year-old work at home mom and full time student. I am a member of the Leech Lake band of the Minnesota Chippewa tribe.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The News

I wish I could write some fascinating commentary on a news story or something with some substance in it but at this point I feel like pure and utter shit and would just as well be happy writing something complainy and bitchy.

Who in the world has had such bullshit luck as me? thats what I would like to know. When it rains, it pours, and it has done nothing but hurricane my entire life. Sometimes I wonder what the hell I did in my past life to make my current life a wrecking ball. It's hard to believe in God or find faith in life when it seems like everywhere I turn, God is spitting in my face. It's a rough existence.

I don't understand men and their penchant for constantly seeking a 'better woman' even if the one that they have is decent. I can't understand why I am supposed to settle for being someone's second choice and not their first choice. Don't I deserve to be the first choice of a good man? Where is the man that wants to be with me first and foremost? It's so hard to fathom that I am sloppy seconds. What am I supposed to say? That I am elated for having the gift and miraculous present of a man by my side, no matter if I am his second choice? I should just settle because I'm not good enough?

I'm sick of not being good enough for people. I'm good enough for my daughter and I'm good enough for myself. I'm not perfect and never claimed to be but I deserve respect as a human being.

Shit like this is enough to make anybody a feminist. Even a man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home